Senior Consultant, Strategic Product Planning
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Consultant will work with Quorum’s pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and diagnostic clients to create comprehensive market access and pricing strategies. This will involve working with senior Quorum staff to develop project proposals, managing consulting teams in the development and communication of client deliverables, and maintaining client relationships.
Common projects in the Strategic Product Planning practice include:
- Conducting qualitative research with payers and providers
- Performing market landscape assessments for our clients’ technologies and their competitors, which include evaluating clinical/health economic literature, financial data, and payer coverage policies
- Conducting market sizing, segmentation, and penetration analyses
- Creating corporate- and product-level commercialization strategies for technologies in the early stages of the product development cycle
- Building Excel-based financial models to evaluate product development scenarios and inform pricing strategy
- Developing 3 to 5-year tactical execution plans
- Designing outcomes and econometric studies in a way that resonates with key stakeholder unmet needs
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Graduate level degree in business or other health-related fields (e.g., MBA, MPH, MS)
- At least 3-5 years of life science commercialization experience (prior consulting experience is preferred)
- Strategic agility as demonstrated by an ability to distill value-added business recommendations from complex clinical, reimbursement, and financial subject matter
- Experience in developing comprehensive launch pricing strategies across a variety of financial ecosystems
- Experience in designing and conducting qualitative primary research studies with physicians, payers, contracting experts, and hospital administrators
- Experience in developing sophisticated Excel models to inform pricing strategy (e.g., break-even, formulary impact, and ROI)
- Experience in designing and conducting quantitative market research studies (exposure to conjoint analysis is preferred)
- Proven ability to successfully manage project teams independently, with minimal guidance
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, please submit your resume as a Word or PDF attachment below. Please include a cover letter with details of your career objectives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.