Senior Consultant, Reimbursement Policy and Government Affairs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand client business objectives and identify threats and opportunities in reimbursement policies that may affect client businesses
- Explain complex scenarios to varying audiences in a clear and concise manner to team members, Quorum leadership, clients, and potential clients
- Lead teams to complete deliverables on time and on budget
- Understand client business model and issues, and incorporate them into projects and new opportunities
- Interact with clients independently and grow client relationships
- Create project plans and budgets with milestones, activities, deliverables, etc. to obtain successfully new codes, most notably AMA CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9/10 codes
- Interact with federal and local authorities to modify IPPS, OPPS, MPFS, CLS, and DMEPOS fee schedules for individual codes, procedures, services, etc.
- Provide research and support to the executive team (e.g., Division Directors, VPs) seeking new business opportunities
- Participate in teams conducting full scale reimbursement assessments and developing strategies along any stage of a medical technology life cycle to be able to execute on recommended reimbursement strategies
- Understand services provided by other Quorum divisions and participate in cross divisional projects and initiatives as needed
- Develop and implement strategies for obtaining reimbursement for clients. This will involve working with medical societies, government policy makers, insurance companies and academic researchers.
- Develop project proposals, managing consulting teams in the development and communication of client deliverables, and maintaining client relationships.
- Common projects in the Reimbursement Policy and Government Affairs practice include:
- Conducting qualitative research with payers and providers
- Developing coding and payment dossiers
- Guiding clients through the process of obtaining new codes or additional payment
- Manage, mentor, and develop staff successfully
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Graduate level degree in business or other health-related fields (e.g., MBA, MPH, MPP), a BA is required
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, please submit your resume as a Word or PDF attachment below. Please include a cover letter with details of your career objectives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.