HEOR Senior Health Economist
Duties & Responsibilities
This position entails working on a variety of research projects within Quorum’s Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) division.
- Responsible for conducting systematic literature reviews, developing data analysis plans, developing analytical datasets, performing descriptive and multivariate statistical analysis (especially using multiple types of databases), constructing Excel-based (budgetary impact and other economic) models, and preparing client deliverables (slide presentations, study reports, and manuscripts for peer review).
- Participates or leads teams in the design, development and delivery of HEOR projects or components of larger, complex projects.
- Reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and assists in the development of proposals that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction.
- Provides direction and guidance to junior and other senior staff (within or across divisions) assigned to engagement.
- Develops detailed documentation and specifications.
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client-specific solutions.
- Designs, structures and delivers client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems.
- Identifies new business opportunities of follow-on work and new leads at current or potential future clients.
- Provides follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related HEOR methodologies andpharmaceutical markets through on-the-job experience and participation in training opportunities.
- Begins to develop practice-specific subject matter expertise.
- Job Components:
• Conducting comprehensive review and analysis of the published scientific literature
• Building Excel- and/or TreeAge based financial/economic models to support client objectives preferred
• Designing outcomes and econometric studies
• Developing data analysis plans, preparing analytic datasets and performing data analyses, using advanced techniques
• Performing descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses preferred
• Preparing client deliverables (PowerPoint slide presentations, memos, study reports, and manuscripts for peer review)
• Relocation to San Francisco desirable, but not mandatory, depending on fit of candidate with company culture and job description
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Prior experience working in a management consulting firm, with an understanding of fee-for-service reimbursement, health economics, and managed care markets.
- Candidates with industry, consulting, finance, economics, and healthcare policy backgrounds are strongly preferred.
- A Masters or Doctoral Degree in a related field with a focus on quantitative research such as health technology assessment, health economics, health services research, health sciences, or public health is required
- 5+ years’ experience in HEOR
- Familiarity with quantitative research studies is required
- Expertise with health economic and outcomes research methods, is necessary
- Experience with modeling, e.g., cost-effectiveness analysis, budgetary impact, preferred
- Experience with statistical software (SAS) and developing analytical plans and managing large data sets is required
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook (advanced Excel skills, including proficiency in Visual Basic) is a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Effective time management is required
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals and is effective working in a matrix environment.
- Experienced with developing consultative relationships with senior level managers and executives at clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of HEOR methodologies, tools and techniques, especially retrospective database evaluation.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industries, as well as experience with one or several databases (preferably government and at least one commercial database) is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, communication and client management skills.
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, please submit your resume as a Word or PDF attachment below. Please include a cover letter with details of your career objectives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.